The Solnet Group of companies (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
Who do we collect personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
• you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website and any related service, through any registration process, or through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email)
• third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
• verify your identity
• to provide services and products to you
• to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
• to evaluate your application for employment with us (if applicable)
• to bill you and to collect money that you owe us
• to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
• to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
• to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
• for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
• another company within our group
• any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
• a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
• Police, Ministry of Justice or any other party in the nature of pre-employment checks
• other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
• a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
• any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
• any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuses.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
If you consent to receive emails or other communications from us, but later change your mind, just let us know and we will take you off our list. Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Change in policy
We may need to amend the terms of this Policy if our practices change. If we do so, we will post the updated version here, on our website, at https://solnet.co.nz/privacy-policy.